Windows Phone 7 in review: the good, the bad, and the Surround
Here we’ll guide you through all the necessary steps to get Mac OS X Snow Leopard installed on your HP Mini 1000 netbook, including updating it safely to 10.6.2. This guide will also work for the Compaq Mini 700 which is a clone of the HP Mini 1000.
- HP Mini 1000 or Compaq Mini 700 with at least 8GB of hard disk space
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail disc
- Intel-based Mac with DVD-ROM drive and USB port
- 8GB or larger external USB drive (hard disk or flash drive)
- NetbookBootMaker 0.8.3
- New GeneralExtensions bundle
- Tea’s Mach Kernel
- SleepEnabler for Kernel 10.2.0
- DSDT Patcher 1.0.1e
On your Mac with DVD-ROM drive and USB port:
- Insert the Mac OS X Snow Leopard retail disc into the Mac’s DVD drive, and connect the external USB drive to the Mac too.
- If your Mac is running Mac OS X 10.6 or later then launch the ‘Disk Utility’ application located in your ‘Utilities’ folder, and skip to step 7. Else, proceed to the next step.
- Double-click on ‘Mac OS X Install DVD’ and then double click the ‘Install Mac OS X’ icon.